Wednesday, September 9, 2009

CHICKEN WEEK, DAY TWO

I find that typing in all caps makes my entry titles feel VERY IMPORTANT. Another thing that is VERY IMPORTANT is using all of the leftovers of this chicken I made! So, last night for dinner, I made Linguine with Shredded Chicken Thigh, Mozzarella, Basil, and Cherry Tomatoes.

Here's what you need for one serving.

1 Leftover Chicken thigh
Pasta measured out for one (check out my awesome measuring thing in a few lines)
Four big basil leaves, fresh
a handful of cherry tomatoes (or whatever tomatoes you have)
some mozarella

1. Set your pasta to boil in some lightly salted water. See my awesome thing? It was only ten whole cents. What a sweet bargain! And I never have to guess how much spaghetti to make ever again.

2. Shred your chicken thigh into manageable pieces, either with your hands or with two forks.
3. Take your cherry tomatoes and slice them in half....
into
...and combine them with the chicken in a microwave safe bowl.


Microwave this for about two minutes to let the chicken get hot (because I hope you've been keeping it in the fridge, not letting it fester on your counter.... :/ ) and to let the tomatoes release some of their juices. Toss with a little bit of salt and set aside.
4. Chop up basil and shred the mozzarella as fine as you can. Of course, already shredded is easier, but don't let the challenge scare you.
5. Drain the pasta and mix it, the basil, and the cheese in with your chicken and tomatoes. Toss to coat, then put it into a nice bowl.



Day two...COMPLETE!

1 comment:

  1. http://tipnut.com/56-free-apron-patterns-you-can-make/

    Could not find your email address handy -so I figured this was just as good...

    ReplyDelete