Sunday, January 31, 2010

I have a problem, and it is called: I spend money.

Ok. Welcome to the first ever SEWING SUNDAY, hopefully a regular fixture on ye olde blogge. I couldn't really resist the temptation of discussing my purchases from the Vogue/McCalls/Butterick $3.99 pattern sales. I wasn't going to buy these patterns. I swear. Then, the devil took hold in the shape of this little suit:

...and that was it. I know, it's marked Advanced, and I still struggle with a pillowcase. I will save it for the FUTURE, when I am a level 57 sewing Jedi.  Just like I will be saving this dress along with it: 

...isn't it beautiful?
Well, on top of all of this, I decided to see what was up in the vintage and retro patterns section. No good, that's what. I ended up with these 4 from various areas:

...and if you look at the last one and wonder what happened to my sanity, I will tell you it flew out the window when I saw the incarnation of this dress and imagined myself lounging around in an expensive restaurant or something in it. 

I know. It's like the coolest thing ever. That, and those incredible hats. Next, I picked up a fall coat type pattern thing, because I secretly love these and I know that this pattern and I were made in heaven for each other. 


Finally, I purchased a vest pattern because the SO has been bugging me for a vest ever since he learned that i could sew. It sure looks dorky on these people, but we will make it look hipper. I swear.
And that's all, folks. Just had to share. Don't be like me, you will be broke in a very short amount of time. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment